Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tunesday Vol. VII - The Return of William + Love Songs

Ugh! I haven't posted since last tunesday! How lame of me. In my defense, I did have a busy week doing yard work and gardening at home and at work while we had some nice weather. I was going to the dump with leaves and branches two or three times a day! And in Maine, you really do need to take advantage of the sunny, 55 degree days, because it'll turn back into cold and overcast overnight. Like today. It's 40 degrees, overcast and breezy. Miserable!

I am also beyond happy, as William has come home from Florida. Reunited lovebirds, at last! Which brings me to this week's song: Home, by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. It's one of the few folky songs in my playlists that Will really likes, too. He calls it "our song" and for a metal-head, that's quite a surprising thing. Besides, now he's "home" with me!


I'll do better posting this week, swears. I'm in the middle of planning Will's surprise birthday party (he turns 24 tomorrow) and if anyone else has to bail, it's going to be the lamest surprise party ever. So I'll keep you posted on that. Then this weekend is Fisherman's Festival in the harbor where I live, and I'm manning a "sidewalk sale" for the shop... and we'll see if anyone shows up to that, either. I could be the worst event planner in the history of event planning, but I guess we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment